No Ambient Lighting On The 2010's?

trekguy77

I was in a Lexus showroom yesterday looking at the new 2010 ES, and I noticed they eliminated the white ambient LED lighting in the ceiling.

I'm glad I have an '08, as I use this feature at night. Cost cutting?

I thought the same thing when I got my 2010. There is a switch in the overhead console that allows you to switch the overhead lights, front and rear, to manual or automatic, on or off.

Paul

Mine has LED ambient lighting on the console at night, and ambient lighting in both the front footwells at night.

They went from LED reading lights and overhead lights back to incandescent because of complaints about poor lighting.

Mine has LED ambient lighting on the console at night, and ambient lighting in both the front footwells at night.

They went from LED reading lights and overhead lights back to incandescent because of complaints about poor lighting.

I didn't know that! Mine has the incadesent with the little tiny led bulb overhead between the switches to help locate them in the dark. I have driven a Chrysler product with all led interior lights and I can't say I liked them or disliked them... Kind of neureal iI guess. I have noticed that my rear license plate light is an led. Thanks form the interesting factoid.

Paul