Tickling Noise When In Idle / Swishing Noise When I Drive

isjdm

So two days ago, I got an oil change for my lexus is300. It's been a LOOOONG time since the last time i changed my oil, which was probably a year ago. Not only that, I drive a lot so I racked up 15k miles before changing the oil (Yeah never doing that again..)

BUt here's the problem: After I got the oil change, my car started to sounds different; there is a ticking noise coming from the oil filter area, and you only hear this when the car is in P or Neutral, or just idling. And when i drive it, if you rev it slowly, you can hear like a swishing noise. It's hard to describe but my car never sounded like this before.

My friends say its because I haven't changed my oil for so long that the oil began to form clunks?

Any suggestions as to why it's like this? Much help is appreciated! Thanks!

Around the filter area could point to many causes. Does the t- and swishing noise proportionally vary when revving a bit?

There's a possibility the old oil has gunked up some parts of the engine, providing a 'protective' layer. When changing to new oil, the 'fresh' solving solution can brake down this gunk, revealing engine wear, or blocking oil channels/oil pump. In many cases the ticking is caused by lifters, but that would be a different area and often when the engine is cold.

There are some things to consider:

- you need to pinpoint the 'source' of ticking (inside engine or related to environment, belts/fan etc.

- what kind of oil/filter is used before and with latest refresh (different viscosity/dino/synth)?

- check the oil level, perhaps oil pressure?