Turn By Turn Instructions On Nav

So, I just bought a 2007 CPO LS 460. Love the car, except for the nav system.

I'm disappointed that I don't get many street name announcements in my area. It will give me the highway names, but no street names. Of course the map shows the right route with correct street names, but the voice never announces them.

The Lexus navigation site says this:

"Non-detailed Area Coverage = turn-by-turn guidance may not (cannot) be provided on all roads. Major highways and streets are generally covered but residential network accuracy has not been confirmed."

What does that mean??? My $200 Tom Tom doesn't have problems doing turn by turn voice and announces residential street names. I don't get why Lexus won't do this. Anyone know more about this than I do?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just bought a 2007 CPO LS 460. Love the car, except for the nav system.

I'm disappointed that I don't get many street name announcements in my area. It will give me the highway names, but no street names. Of course the map shows the right route with correct street names, but the voice never announces them.

The Lexus navigation site says this:

"Non-detailed Area Coverage = turn-by-turn guidance may not (cannot) be provided on all roads. Major highways and streets are generally covered but residential network accuracy has not been confirmed."

What does that mean??? My $200 Tom Tom doesn't have problems doing turn by turn voice and announces residential street names. I don't get why Lexus won't do this. Anyone know more about this than I do?

It's the pursuit of perfection not we are perfect. BTW Denso is the main electronics manufacture for Lexus, if it were Siemens or Bosch you might have real problems to complain about.