Water In Car - Won't Start

Well after buying a beautiful 2007 ES350 a couple months ago I delayed and delayed getting my 94 ES300 fixed since the new car, well, occupied my time and interest. In the meantime the tiny crack in the sunroof has apparently turned into a bigger crack and I went out to get the car ready to drive to the repair shop and the right rear seat's footwell is full of about 1.5" of water (it's been raining non-stop in Chicago for weeks it seems). The car battery was DEAD...meaning not even enough juice to unlock all four doors when the key is turned to the left twice. I tried to jump with the new Lexus and got just a split second of power until everything went dead again...and I mean FULLY dead, everything.

Aside from having it towed to the repair shop (it will not even go into Neutral to be pushed...stuck in Park), is it possible that the water has shorted something out? Right rear footwell, so water under the front passenger seat.

Any advice appreciated.

Either get the battery fully recharged, if that's possible (maybe its gone bad), or bite the bullet and get the battery replaced. Once that's accomplished maybe you can get the car somewhere to correct the cracked glass roof.

Either get the battery fully recharged, if that's possible (maybe its gone bad), or bite the bullet and get the battery replaced. Once that's accomplished maybe you can get the car somewhere to correct the cracked glass roof.

The battery isn't that old at all, should not be dead. I'm more worried that the water has shorted out a wire that runs along the right side of the car.

The fact that the battery isn't old doesn't mean it hasn't gone bad on you. I've

had brand new batteries that I purchased turn out to be completely useless and

shorted out when installed in the car. And they tested bad when returned to the store.

I've also had batteries last 6.5 years, and I've had one or two not last 6 months.

Its a crap shoot. Check your battery first.

As far as something being shorted out, the battery is up front, the ignition switch

is way above the floor, the starter is in the engine compartment, and your water is

in the rear floor of the car.