98 Lexus Cel #p0300 Up To P0306

I was driving the other day, and noticed my cel came on and was blinking. However when I told a few of my friends who were mechanics they assumed my car was running bad. I was getting my 17" rims and tires mounted and figured I would just have them read my code, as it was free. It came back and the mechanic was shaking his head. He then asked me if I am feeling a lack in power/acceleration. I told him no, and he then asked if I was sputtering or staling at anytime. My car doesnt drive any different so I dont know where to start to tackle this problem. I was told by a Lexus dealership from the previous owner it would be around $300 to fix. I have the inspection till January 2011 so being a little mechanically abled I figured I could try and see what others think I should start with.

I was told to start with plugs and possibly wires.

Then next if that didnt cure the problem, go with new coil packs.

I looked online today and I am going to try and get some injector cleaner, someone had posted that was a solution.

If you have any idea what will help me cure my es300 of a cel code, please post replies... Thanks

So i checked my spark plugs yesterday, and the tips were black and yes most people would say that they are junk i agree, but the reason was my engine was running rich. I looked at the tail pipe and it was black and has carbon all over it. So im not thinking it is actually and oxygen sensor, maybe even my catalytic converter. If you have any idea let me know.. I would like some advise before I attempt to tackle this problem.

I was driving the other day, and noticed my cel came on and was blinking. However when I told a few of my friends who were mechanics they assumed my car was running bad. I was getting my 17" rims and tires mounted and figured I would just have them read my code, as it was free. It came back and the mechanic was shaking his head. He then asked me if I am feeling a lack in power/acceleration. I told him no, and he then asked if I was sputtering or staling at anytime. My car doesnt drive any different so I dont know where to start to tackle this problem. I was told by a Lexus dealership from the previous owner it would be around $300 to fix. I have the inspection till January 2011 so being a little mechanically abled I figured I could try and see what others think I should start with.

I was told to start with plugs and possibly wires.

Then next if that didnt cure the problem, go with new coil packs.

I looked online today and I am going to try and get some injector cleaner, someone had posted that was a solution.

If you have any idea what will help me cure my es300 of a cel code, please post replies... Thanks