2001rx300 Driver Seat Swap

john peters

i was so enamored with the seats in our rx330 i bought a set on ebay for my 72 chevy blazer. passenger side no problem.driver side has memory. i know witch is power and ground but no go. i have been told that there is more than one power supply. also will the seat work without the door set switch? i know this is not the normal topic for a lexus forum , but i need help and i thought maybee someone has done a swap in the past and has dealt with these issues

So you bought a used set of Rx seats and are trying to retrofit them into another car? And you're trying to get the seats to "work" as far as seat adjustments and what not? Are you trying to get the memory seats to function?

I doubt the seat adjustment motors in there can be controlled with just straight DC voltage. I would assume they're some type of stepper motor. You may need a stepper motor controller box to get them to work.

Remove the motors and look for a brand and/or model numbers, and try to determine which type of motors they are to see how they work.

And I'm not sure how you could get the memory seats to function without the cars ECU or proper switches... Can you be more specific as to what you're trying to do exactly?

So you bought a used set of Rx seats and are trying to retrofit them into another car? And you're trying to get the seats to "work" as far as seat adjustments and what not? Are you trying to get the memory seats to function?

I doubt the seat adjustment motors in there can be controlled with just straight DC voltage. I would assume they're some type of stepper motor. You may need a stepper motor controller box to get them to work.

Remove the motors and look for a brand and/or model numbers, and try to determine which type of motors they are to see how they work.

And I'm not sure how you could get the memory seats to function without the cars ECU or proper switches... Can you be more specific as to what you're trying to do exactly?

i dont need memory. driver seat controller sends signal to control box, control box powers motors. one option is to use passenger seat controller and harness on driver side. i would loose front and rear seat tilt but would have other functions because passenger seat is non memory. memory seat without all connections may be more than i can deal with.i was hoping to run into someone with enough experience to tell me if it will work or not.