Strange Rattling Noise Coming From The Rear Passenger Side Wheel

rkim711

im starting to hear a strange rattling clicking noise coming from the rear passenger side wheel on my 99 rx300. it seems to be in sync with the rotation of my wheel because when i drive faster the clicking noise becomes rapid and when i slow down the clicking noise is less frequent. its extremely loud but doesnt occur everytime i drive but is happening more frequently. i feel like the wheel is going to pop off. does anyone know what is causing this? and how much it may cost to fix it. thanks

im starting to hear a strange rattling clicking noise coming from the rear passenger side wheel on my 99 rx300. it seems to be in sync with the rotation of my wheel because when i drive faster the clicking noise becomes rapid and when i slow down the clicking noise is less frequent. its extremely loud but doesnt occur everytime i drive but is happening more frequently. i feel like the wheel is going to pop off. does anyone know what is causing this? and how much it may cost to fix it. thanks

I would think this would be symptomatic of a failing wheel bearing, failing u-joint, broken abs tone ring, a loose brake component, or, if you are really lucky, something stuck in your tire tread.