Just Bought A Used 2004 Rx330 Help

Braz60

Hello everyone new to the forum bought a 3004 used RX330 for my wife 2 days ago and noticed the creaking noise in the dashboard. When I test drove the car

the temperature was @ 60 degrees and everything was fine after we bought the car outside temperature dropped to @ 40 degrees and that's when we started hearing all of the dashboard noises. I have read posts that there might be a TSB on this problem. My problem is the car was originally purchased in 2003 and has 57K miles on it which means it's out of warranty (I believe). How much is something like this going to cost me? Do you think the Cadillac dealer should help defer the cost where I purchased it from?

Thanks

Dave

We have had our 2004 RX since April 2003. We noticed the noise not long afterwards. We reported it to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce the noise. A few years later they said there was a fix and repaired it under warranty. They pull the entire dash out a little bit and place a rubber molding between the windshield and the dash and that resolved the problem. Your 2004 RX is out of warranty and did you buy the vehicle "AS IS". In California the dealers must place a sticker on the used cars they sell that state "as is" or a 30 day warranty (but that warranty may not cover this issue).

Hello everyone new to the forum bought a 3004 used RX330 for my wife 2 days ago and noticed the creaking noise in the dashboard. When I test drove the car

the temperature was @ 60 degrees and everything was fine after we bought the car outside temperature dropped to @ 40 degrees and that's when we started hearing all of the dashboard noises. I have read posts that there might be a TSB on this problem. My problem is the car was originally purchased in 2003 and has 57K miles on it which means it's out of warranty (I believe). How much is something like this going to cost me? Do you think the Cadillac dealer should help defer the cost where I purchased it from?

Thanks

Dave

A 3004 :o