Mp3 Player On The 2008 Rx400h

Is there a hookup on the 2008 RX400h for an IPod, or other MP3 player??? The radio says MP3 on the face, but I am under the impression that this will only play self made CD's using a medium like Napster. The instructions were not helpful.

Tommy, certainly on my 2007, there is no ability to play an iPod or other music player and interface with the device on the sat nav screen. As you say, the mp3 designation is to indicate that the cd player can play mp3 discs (I now have my wife's loaded with six mp3 discs, approx 600 songs, so a pretty big collection, though 300 of them are kids' songs!). When we want to connect an mp3 player, we do so through a cassette line in made by Monster I believe.

Others have installed after-market solutions. You can do a search or look at http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...082&hl=ipod for starters

Good luck

Tommy, certainly on my 2007, there is no ability to play an iPod or other music player and interface with the device on the sat nav screen.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip

Good luck

My spouse plays her ipod on the RX-400h and I play mine in the Prius. I installed the 'dice silverline' in both. It took about the same amount of time to install ... in each car ... about 20 minutes. You can control the ipod using the MFD, once the dice is installed. See here for a demonstration of the ipod song selection process using the mfd:

There are other interface devices besides the dice, but that was our preference. The controls are a bit different on the RX, turning on which type of radio/CD player that came in your Lexus.

As I said, others have installed after-market solutions. The Dice Silverline is an after-market solution. The above poster has had a great experience with it. I would do a little digging before I committed--some others have been frustrated by the limitations of the interface (limitations on scrolling, searching, seeing a complete list of your library, missing albums/songs, etc), though to be fair, most after-market solutions will have these limitations as they are working within the architecture of the Lexus interface

The link from my previous post shows similar after-market products (e.g., the Vais SL2i); I'm not sure if it discusses the Dice

Again, good luck