200,000 Mile Parts List Help

Hey guys I'm going to pull the engine out of my 2000 ES 300 to replace rear main seal as well as head and valve cover gaskets on the wife's car. Since the motor is going to be out of the car I'd like some suggestions on what else should be replaced while it's out. Thanks in advance for your help. Here's what I'm thinking off the top of my head.

Gasket set

Timing belt

Water pump

cam seals

Anything Rubber. Transmission Seals? Vacuum Hoses? 10 Years Old, 200,000 miles, Hmmmm

You should have Lexus Shop Manuals, Paper from Dealer or Online Download about $400?

Shop Manual will show you procedure for removal and rebuild...if it saves you one wrong or missed step, its worth it.

Also, my shop manual shows exploded parts diagram of various things, and little symbol, like a black diamond, shows one time use parts that need to be replaced each time, like cotter pins, etc. and will show you the rubber parts involved like seals, gaskets, etc.

Before you do teardown, maybe take car to mechanic for inspection of suspension parts and brakes?

At 10Years/200Kmiles, I read about control arm bushings, sway bar bushings going out.

Dont know about your 2000 ES300, but my 94 LS400 has notorious problem with ps pump leaking onto altenator below and ruining it, so while engine is out, I would put rebuilt ps pump on mine and homemade shield on altenator to deflect future ps leaks.

Find out more about YOUR car by typing your year, space, model number into GOOGLE, and see what you get.

add the word "problems" or whatever else you want to know, like "air shocks" or "tires" and see what you get in GOOGLE.

Hey Cowboyzfan, Your 2000 ES300 maybe different from my 94 LS400, but I was reading thru this site and the word REAR MAIN SEAL jumped out at me, and this guy removes the TRANSMISSION to replace the engine rear main seal. Maybe you want to do head gaskets, etc. but if engine is coming out is transmission too? This guy replaces trans seals front and rear and mount rubber while he is at it. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/transmission/removal.html

DETAIL ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Now is the perfect time to get to those hard to reach spots.

Buff the interior wheel wells and firewall. Wax the exhaust pipes. Polish the Power Steering Rack Assembly and Armour-All the hoses. If you wax the bottom engine cover before you put it back on your car might go faster too. :lol:

If you are doing the head gasket, be sure and replace the valve stem seals. A top end engine gasket kit will have these. A new water pump and metal gasket would be a good idea too.

Best price I've found on a top end Engine gasket kit with a multi layer steel headgasket and new head bolts is $120 shipped to your door.

99-02 Lexus ES300 Head Gasket kit

Hey guys I'm going to pull the engine out of my 2000 ES 300 to replace rear main seal as well as head and valve cover gaskets on the wife's car. Since the motor is going to be out of the car I'd like some suggestions on what else should be replaced while it's out. Thanks in advance for your help. Here's what I'm thinking off the top of my head.

Gasket set

Timing belt

Water pump

cam seals

So did you do the job yet and if so, what did you end up replacing? And once inside...what did you see that was about to possibly fail?