Mirror Not Defrosting

Elton

2004 with 90,000 miles; the right side outside mirror suddenly refuses to defrost; left side fine. I rely on them a lot in traffic and, of course, when backing! Any pointers as to where to look to get it defrosting again much appreciated.

First things first - check your fuses. Your owners manual has a schematic diagram of all fuse layouts in the vehicle. Locate the fuse that controls the right side mirror and check it. And yes, it is very common for two of the same components (in your case, left side and right side mirrors) to be on different fuses. So one could work fine while the other is malfunctioning....

First things first - check your fuses. Your owners manual has a schematic diagram of all fuse layouts in the vehicle. Locate the fuse that controls the right side mirror and check it. And yes, it is very common for two of the same components (in your case, left side and right side mirrors) to be on different fuses. So one could work fine while the other is malfunctioning....
I will check the fuse to that mirror. Thank you.

would my 2004 rx330 awd have mirror defrosting?? i have no nav and no backup cam

The Lexus website says "Power-adjustable outside mirrors with defoggers" are standard: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/RX/2004.html

Outside mirror defoggers normally operate in conjunction with the "Rear-window defogger with auto-off timer".