Odd Stereo Setting Problem (bass & Treble)

Hello all! Fist post. Bought my 2004 Lexus GS430 yesterday. 92k miles. Nice ride and I hope to put another 100k on it.

I ran into a problem with the audio controls in the Mark Levinson Nav system. When I set the audio (Bass, treble, mid) to the desired level and select ok. It will remain that way until I turn the car off. When I turn the car back on, the setting have reset back to the default. This happens on radio stations or cd's. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody knows anything about this?

With a standard stereo, there is a cable leading to the stereo that constantly gives it power even when car is off, like to keep memory settings, and the clock settings as well as your audio settings

are any of the other settings messed up as well? or only the audio settings?

Nobody knows anything about this?

With a standard stereo, there is a cable leading to the stereo that constantly gives it power even when car is off, like to keep memory settings, and the clock settings as well as your audio settings

are any of the other settings messed up as well? or only the audio settings?

Did you figure it out yet?

Hello all! Fist post. Bought my 2004 Lexus GS430 yesterday. 92k miles. Nice ride and I hope to put another 100k on it.

I ran into a problem with the audio controls in the Mark Levinson Nav system. When I set the audio (Bass, treble, mid) to the desired level and select ok. It will remain that way until I turn the car off. When I turn the car back on, the setting have reset back to the default. This happens on radio stations or cd's. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like how the problem with my ML system started. First thing I noticed was the adjustments for audio levels would default back to "0" This went on for a while, every so often I would notice the system sounding flat. Check the settings, everything to "0" Next thing I noticed I would start the car, and no audio. As I reached for the volume knob, the audio would come on full blast. This happened approximately six times.

Couple of weeks ago, driving down the freeway minding my own gd bindess, I get the most awful loud cracking and popping sounds from the center speaker. I'm wondering if it's in the radio station. This happened a couple of more times only now followed by the sound system completely shutting down. The system will work if the temperature outside is above 50. Colder than that and you drive in silence.

Researching the issue, I find that Lexus has a bulletin about failures with the 2001 and 2002 GS Mark Levinson amp. I have to decide whether to fix it or to scrap the whole system and install new speakers, HU amps and wiring.

Fixing the existing ML system: New M/L Amp, $1700.00 (Carson Lexus) OR $695.00 for a reconditioned amp (Sewell, Carson doesn't sell recon units).

From first noticing a problem to total system failure took place in the space of about a year on my car.

YRMV

Good Luck