Power Mirror Issue

padavid12

I have a 2001 ES300 and both door mirrors don't work. I have checked all fuses to no avail. I pulled the control switch and found power so I thought it was the switch. I replaced the switch and still I am unable to control the mirrors. What do I need to do now? Thanks David

If both mirrors stopped at the same time, I would suggest looking at the grd for the switch. I have attached a copy of the diagram. You can see there is on splice that could also cause these symptoms. At this point I would detach the switch from the dash (while leaving the electrical connector hooked up. Probe the connector and see what you have.

post-70574-1266876563_thumb.jpg[

I would put the meter across both wires going to one of the mirror motors. Chances are that you have a bad grd. The switch controls both the power and grd going to the motors. That way the can reverse the direction on the motor. If you put you meter across the two wires going to the motor, the meter should read +12 and the - 12 (depending on which direction you push the switch).

I would have to look that one up, but first check the signals going to the motor, by probing the switch. When you troubleshoot this type of problem, you want to generally start at the middle of the ciruit. (after a quick visual). The idea is to pick a spot close to the middle, that is easy to access. This way you will know which direction to proceed once you have made the initial measurement.