Check Engine Light And Vsc

check engine light is on a 1988 lexus gs 300

pretty much i have checked everything out on my own with my test this is the best i can explain everything

check engine light is on.... scanned for fault coes and found code p0305 cyl# 5 misfire

car is running very rough vsc +vsc off warning lights are also on what i was wondering would the miss fire on cyl 5 have any reason to set off the vsc lights?

im going to put in new spark plugs and boots to address the misfire

but the reason im asking if the vsc has anything to do with the misfire cause my tags are due this Friday and im trying to figure out whats wrong with the vsc lights or just wait till my spark plugs arrive on Tuesday :( which gives me few more days to figure out.. all i can say is mehhh late feee lol

pls help thank you for all who reply's im sorry for the spelling errors im kinda working lol

usually when the CEL and the VSC lights come on together it means a trouble code has been triggered and the car is now in "safe" mode.

steviej

ps. your post says your car is a 1988 GS300. Lexus wasn't around in 1988. Did you mean 1998?

usually when the CEL and the VSC lights come on together it means a trouble code has been triggered and the car is now in "safe" mode.

steviej

ps. your post says your car is a 1988 GS300. Lexus wasn't around in 1988. Did you mean 1998?

I just experienced the same thing with my 2006 GS430. The display showed the lights for Traction Control shut off, the check engine light, and the tire pressure monitor system. The digital display kept showing Check VSC. I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery, let it sit for about 15 minutes and reconnected it. All lights and the message are now gone and my VAIS I-Pod docking cord works again, which it stopped suddenly yesterday.

steviej

I just experienced the same thing with my 2006 GS430. The display showed the lights for Traction Control shut off, the check engine light, and the tire pressure monitor system. The digital display kept showing Check VSC. I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery, let it sit for about 15 minutes and reconnected it. All lights and the message are now gone and my VAIS I-Pod docking cord works again, which it stopped suddenly yesterday.

The battery disconnect only worked for a couple days. The lights are back on and the car is going into the dealer tomorrow! I don't have the problem the Original Poster did with the car running rough though. I guess we'll see. I'm just concerned they are going to go through all the different steps I saw others go through with the same experience on here! We'll see!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the good tips! I got the Check Engine Light And Vsc message on my 2006 GS 300 RWD & went to AutoZone, where they were read for free. I replaced the gas cap first & the messages did not clear. When I got it home, I disconnected the battery & noticed the battery retaining bracket was loose & water low in the battery. I added water to the cells & re-tightened the battery retainning bracket. Then reconnected the battery. As I turned on the car, the computer did its analysis & it started without any error messages. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...