93 Es Flooding

John P

My 93 ES starts and runs great except after it gets thoroughly warmed up when I turn it off and wait ~ 10 minutes (depending on outside temp) it will restart with difficulty and sometimes die. It has gas smell and acts like it is flooding out. This will last for several blocks then seems to straighten out. It is getting worse. If I wait till it is completely cooled of it doesn't happen, only when partially cooled down. No engine warning light. When it all began I spotted arcing from the spark-plug wires to the engine body so insulated them and it appeared to go away for a couple of months. May be just coincidence.

How did you INSULATE the spark plug wires from the body?? This type of arcing is a sure sign that the wires need to be replace. Before trying to troubleshoot, you should do a complete tune-up. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel & air filter. When troubleshooting engine performance, you need to make sure that the basics have been checked and are in good condition before proceeding.

How did you INSULATE the spark plug wires from the body?? This type of arcing is a sure sign that the wires need to be replace. Before trying to troubleshoot, you should do a complete tune-up. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel & air filter. When troubleshooting engine performance, you need to make sure that the basics have been checked and are in good condition before proceeding.

I wrapped them with electrical tape. Not standard but it worked (for a while) I will do the basics then get back if problem still exists. Thanks