Hks Dragger 2 Exhaust

HunterXRen

Hey guys,

I just had a quick question. I want to upgrade my exhaust system to the HKS dragger 2 but according to most websites it says 01-03 Lexus IS300, I have an 04. Do you think it will still fit? The body design and everything is the same so I think it would fit. Also if any of you guys have upgraded to this exhaust is there a specific site you would recommend to buy it from? Thanks!

It's the same. I believe they only tested to the year 03,(HKS does independant compatable and fitment checks.) but 04-05 had no changes. I've put about 100 or so HKS exhausts on all model year IS300's and I've never had a problem.

You'll have to soak them in liquid wrench for a few hours. The day your going to swap the exhaust out, go out there in the morning and lay some cardboard or a bunch of newspapaers under the car and just spary all the bolts down real good. Let them soak a few hours, then give em a turn. They should loosen up that way. Right where the flanges are, the spring locks are designed to keep tension on the bolt. So don't be surprised wheen you get a loud creaking and metal popping sound. Those are normal.

I went out to get some, hopefully this will do the trick. What tool did you use? One of the screws seems to be behind one of the hangers and it seems quite impossible to reach it. Any hints or ways to take these screws out would be greatly appreciated. Thankss!