Speedometer Question On My 98 Gs

its a quick simple question im asking, lately my car hasn't been feeling as powerful as a couple of months ago i feel like the speedometer is not accurate like its 5 - 10 mph off . before i would be on the highway and wouldn't go any faster than 70 mph but nowadays i hit 75-80mph and it doesn't even feel like my 65 before . so my question is is there anything maintinence wise that i should take my car to the shop for to fix that ? thnx in advance

its a quick simple question im asking, lately my car hasn't been feeling as powerful as a couple of months ago i feel like the speedometer is not accurate like its 5 - 10 mph off . before i would be on the highway and wouldn't go any faster than 70 mph but nowadays i hit 75-80mph and it doesn't even feel like my 65 before . so my question is is there anything maintinence wise that i should take my car to the shop for to fix that ? thnx in advance

Not really... Just make sure your tire pressures are normal.

I would do a test to assure its accuracy. Go on the highway and use the mile markers and a stop watch to record distance and time, and figure out your average speed.

Set the cruise control to.... 65miles/hour. When you pass a mile marker, start the stopwatch. When you hit the next mile marker, stop the watch. Then divide the distance (1 mile) over the amount of time (in hours) it took to travel that one mile. And if the answer is 65miles/hour, then you're good. If not, bring the car to Lexus and they can re-calibrate the difference in the computer.