Climate Control Temperature Resetting

Okay, one more question to all you other RX owners out there. This time it has to do with the climate control. Lately (within the last month or so) I've noticed that if I don't drive my car for a day or two the climate control resets itself to 75° when I start it next. As stated previously I live in Wisconsin and have kept the temperature on HOT for the last couple months. Thought it was odd that when I start it up it goes back to 75. Is this normal??

No, it is not normal.

One of the symptoms of a failing battery in these vehicles is when your clock begins to reset itself to 12:00. Perhaps your vehicle now resetting the climate control temperature to 75 is also a sign of your battery beginning to fail.

Others may weigh in with additional suggestions, but you may want to have your battery tested in the meantime. Many shops will do it for free, especially if you smile and ask sweetly....

No, it is not normal.

One of the symptoms of a failing battery in these vehicles is when your clock begins to reset itself to 12:00. Perhaps your vehicle now resetting the climate control temperature to 75 is also a sign of your battery beginning to fail.

Others may weigh in with additional suggestions, but you may want to have your battery tested in the meantime. Many shops will do it for free, especially if you smile and ask sweetly....

I didn't think it was normal but wanted to just check. Haven't had the clock reset yet. All of this started happening (the climate control resetting & the heated seats not working) about the same time after I got it back from repair shop from hitting a deer. I really do believe it's some how all related.....but don't know how :huh: .