Questions About My "new" 2007 Is 240 Awd

So, I just bought a 2007 IS 250 AWD and have a few questions, because it didn't come with the manual...and the DVD was not installed for some reason.

1) I have the Nav DVD, but where does it go!?

2) I have paired my phone (LG EnV 2), but cannot figure out how to load my contact list/phonebook?

3) I don't know what kind of sat radio it has. I was told it comes with either XM or Sirius, but there is no indication which. Ideas?

4) Nav 9.1 Gen 5 worth it?

Thanks!!!

Oh, any idea where to get a hard copy of the manual for a good price?

You can find instuctions for many phones on the Lexus website - search for Bluetooth. I think the instructions for your phone are at http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/.../436_05Navi.pdf

I've never heard of a Lexus vehicle coming with XM or Sirius as standard. Anything happen when you press the Sat button? Ask the seller?

On updating your nav, here is something from the my.IS forum on updating the nav on an 06 IS350 -- likely the same procedure for your car but can not be certain: "There's a tool in your toolkit for this- it's just a faceplate by the clock on the dash with two little holes in it for the tool (or a couple paperclips or something), pop it off, there's the DVD drive. Swap DVDs, close, put plate back on, done."

I've seen cautions that updating the nav should be done only by the dealer but plenty of people seem to do it themselves.

Well, that answers the phone question. Thanks!

When I hit the SAT button, nothing happens. For the 2010, it is listed as standard equipment. For my 07, I was told it had either one. My vehicle has the Luxury Plus package and a bunch of the other ones, so I guess I'm assuming too...

I might just eat the $60 for Lexus to re-install the DVD. It seems a bit steep to just put in a disc. I'm not sure why anyone took it out to begin with though...

You can find instuctions for many phones on the Lexus website - search for Bluetooth. I think the instructions for your phone are at http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/.../436_05Navi.pdf

I've never heard of a Lexus vehicle coming with XM or Sirius as standard. Anything happen when you press the Sat button? Ask the seller?

On updating your nav, here is something from the my.IS forum on updating the nav on an 06 IS350 -- likely the same procedure for your car but can not be certain: "There's a tool in your toolkit for this- it's just a faceplate by the clock on the dash with two little holes in it for the tool (or a couple paperclips or something), pop it off, there's the DVD drive. Swap DVDs, close, put plate back on, done."

I've seen cautions that updating the nav should be done only by the dealer but plenty of people seem to do it themselves.

When I hit the SAT button, nothing happens. For the 2010, it is listed as standard equipment. For my 07, I was told it had either one. My vehicle has the Luxury Plus package and a bunch of the other ones, so I guess I'm assuming too...

I might just eat the $60 for Lexus to re-install the DVD. It seems a bit steep to just put in a disc. I'm not sure why anyone took it out to begin with though...

You know what happens when you assume...

It was not standard in 2007, nor was it part of the Lux Pkg; and I don't think they offered Sirius in 2007 either. But 2007+ all came with the sharkfin, regardless of whether there was SAT.

Yes, yes, fair enough. I do have a sharkfin, but am not sure about Sat now...oh well. Thanks.

BTW, any resource that says what came in what package in 2007?

You know what happens when you assume...

It was not standard in 2007, nor was it part of the Lux Pkg; and I don't think they offered Sirius in 2007 either. But 2007+ all came with the sharkfin, regardless of whether there was SAT.