Hid Lights Upgrade From Oem Halogen

Hey all,

BRAND new owner ( 2 days ) of a an '09 is250 I got w/ only 9200 miles. So happy with this car! However, I've always wanted those HID / Xenon lights. I've got a couple of questions about the after market options.

1) Do these introduce any sort of electrical problems?

2) Do they burn full bright in daytime mode all of the time? Is this bad?

3) This car is certified - and has a 3year 92k warranty left... will aftermarket HIDs void this warranty?

4) Whats the best temperature light to go w/ so I don't get high beamed by people all of the time, but still has that luxurious cool blue tint?

5) Any specific brand I should tell my guy to go w/ that tend to fit/work especially well w/ the 09 is250s?

THANKS!

Hey all,

BRAND new owner ( 2 days ) of a an '09 is250 I got w/ only 9200 miles. So happy with this car! However, I've always wanted those HID / Xenon lights. I've got a couple of questions about the after market options.

1) Do these introduce any sort of electrical problems?

2) Do they burn full bright in daytime mode all of the time? Is this bad?

3) This car is certified - and has a 3year 92k warranty left... will aftermarket HIDs void this warranty?

4) Whats the best temperature light to go w/ so I don't get high beamed by people all of the time, but still has that luxurious cool blue tint?

5) Any specific brand I should tell my guy to go w/ that tend to fit/work especially well w/ the 09 is250s?

THANKS!

No problems if you go with the same wattage as stock bulbs.

You only do the low beams so they aren't on in the daytime unless you turn them on.

You can always go back to stock bulbs if you have a problem.

4300 is the color temp of stock HID. You will see some blue.

The kit you go with is up to you or do some research. Try to find one with integrated ballast and starters and the smaller the better. There's not much room to place them so it's hard if the units are very big.

I went with MTec. If you get those make sure to get the Japanese made ones. Also make sure you seal around the wires where they go into the housing really good so you don't get moisture in there.

Thanks for the info! :) Follow up question, say I get an MTech 4500k kit, and get it all installed with the ballasts etc. If I decide I want it cooler, like 6000k, I can just swap out the relatively cheap bulbs, and keep the existing ballasts etc correct?

Thanks for the info! :) Follow up question, say I get an MTech 4500k kit, and get it all installed with the ballasts etc. If I decide I want it cooler, like 6000k, I can just swap out the relatively cheap bulbs, and keep the existing ballasts etc correct?

Correct.