Is It Shaking In ''drive", Or Is It Me Being Paranoid?

ctES3502007driver

Hi , I just got ES 350 2007 with 26 000 miles on it. Nice car, quiet ride. I've noticed this: when it's in a parking o neutral position it's flawless, quiet ,can't feel a thing. But in a Drive or Revers I can feel enging is working,it's not really shaking, but it's different from "parking". When I'm driving can't feel it.If it was any other car I would not pay attention to this, but it's the most expensive car I ever bought.

So, Is it something that needs to be adressed or I'm just paranoid?

Still have 11 month of factory warranty

Any advice? Thnanks

Hi , I just got ES 350 2007 with 26 000 miles on it. Nice car, quiet ride. I've noticed this: when it's in a parking o neutral position it's flawless, quiet ,can't feel a thing. But in a Drive or Revers I can feel enging is working,it's not really shaking, but it's different from "parking". When I'm driving can't feel it.If it was any other car I would not pay attention to this, but it's the most expensive car I ever bought.

So, Is it something that needs to be adressed or I'm just paranoid?

Still have 11 month of factory warranty

Any advice? Thnanks

Hi, No one answering . OK.

Can you guys just tell me if your car works defferent in a PARK and DRIVE. Can you feel it?

Congrats on the purchase of your 350. Folks might not be responding because they don’t understand your exact question (as I don’t).

If you mean the 350 feels ‘rougher’ idling in the drive and/or reverse gears, that may just be due to the lower RPM’s you are experiencing in those gears, whereas in park the RPM’s are higher giving you a smoother engine feel.

I am sure someone else could more eloquently explain this, but those are my thoughts on what I perceive to be your question.

Cheers

There's always going to be a difference in the feel of the engine, the tone of the engine's sound, and the RPM when you shift to a drive gear, meaning DRIVE or REVERSE. When the engine is idling in park or neutral there is no load on the engine, when its shifted into a drive gear the engine is connected to the drivetrain and there is a load placed on it. Its probably normal.