Just Bought An 07 Rx350

So, I broke down and purchased a Lexus for myself. My husband has had an ES for 2 years now and I was getting jealous, I guess! LOL.

So, question for you all. First off, I got the bamboo pearl and I swear the car doesn't know what color it wants to be! One minute it looks silver, then it looks gold, then it looks blue??? I love that about it. My main question is that I didn't notice when I saw it on the lot that the roof rack was faded from sun or whatever(I'm in AZ). The pieces that attach the roof rack to the roof itself are black as black can be, but the connecting pieces are faded and look gray and cheap. Anyone know if there is a way to fix that or polish it up? The dealership said no fix, so I thought I'd ask here!

Also, the steering feels 'soft'. Is this the way the Lexus feels normally? I had an AWD Toyota Highlander but I figure I'm still just getting used to the way the Lexus drives!

Thanks,

B

So, I broke down and purchased a Lexus for myself. My husband has had an ES for 2 years now and I was getting jealous, I guess! LOL.

So, question for you all. First off, I got the bamboo pearl and I swear the car doesn't know what color it wants to be! One minute it looks silver, then it looks gold, then it looks blue??? I love that about it. My main question is that I didn't notice when I saw it on the lot that the roof rack was faded from sun or whatever(I'm in AZ). The pieces that attach the roof rack to the roof itself are black as black can be, but the connecting pieces are faded and look gray and cheap. Anyone know if there is a way to fix that or polish it up? The dealership said no fix, so I thought I'd ask here!

Also, the steering feels 'soft'. Is this the way the Lexus feels normally? I had an AWD Toyota Highlander but I figure I'm still just getting used to the way the Lexus drives!

Thanks,

B

Congratulations on your purchase!

I have an 09RX350, and the words 'steering' and 'feel' should probably not be in the same sentence when speaking of the car. The steering as effortless as any, and there is practically no 'feel'. If that is what you define as 'soft', then your car is 100% 'normal'. Re: The weathering of the rack, other than repainting (which I woudl not advise), an application of a product such as "Armorall" could temporarily make it look better. Certainly worth a try, anyway!

Thanks,

B

I have an 09RX350, and the words 'steering' and 'feel' should probably not be in the same sentence when speaking of the car. The steering as effortless as any, and there is practically no 'feel'. If that is what you define as 'soft', then your car is 100% 'normal'. Re: The weathering of the rack, other than repainting (which I woudl not advise), an application of a product such as "Armorall" could temporarily make it look better. Certainly worth a try, anyway!

Thank you! Also, does anyone feel that the seats on their 07 are a bit short? I noticed that it seems like the seats don't support my legs well. I wonder how it will feel on long trips?

b

Thanks,

B

I have used Armorall on the sun faded roof parts whith some success. Spray the cloth you are using and not directly on the part. Apply several coats and expect it to last 45-60 days.

Thanks,

B

Thank you! Also, does anyone feel that the seats on their 07 are a bit short? I noticed that it seems like the seats don't support my legs well. I wonder how it will feel on long trips?

b

Boy, you are very observant. Yes, I too found the seats to be a touch shorter than the ones I had in the older RX300. Also a touch less comfortable and the elbow-rest less convenient. Sic transit gloria! You will adapt to them....

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

B

b

Boy, you are very observant. Yes, I too found the seats to be a touch shorter than the ones I had in the older RX300. Also a touch less comfortable and the elbow-rest less convenient. Sic transit gloria! You will adapt to them....

Yes, I have adapted, LOL! We took along road trip and I didn't notice the seat thing at all!