Electrical Issues With Lighting

ok i bought a 92 lexus sc400 i bought it with front end damage the headlights got crushed in wreck so the wire got exposed to the weather even though it hadnt rained much at all in GA when i bought it, brake lights seem to work fine, when i drove the car to the garage i noticed the high beam light worked its the only light it had left on it but once i sat it in the garage in doors for about two i noticed the bulb high beam no longer worked and the blinkers well they never did and i figured well maybe its just my car maybe its something a tech can spot and fix easyly but after reading through these forums i see its not un heard of and i read through some of the forums and i didnt see any clear answers but similar issues i was wonderin if any one out there had this issue and knew how to work it out and if it can be addressed at home first or would i have to just take it to the lexus dealer and if so do they sell anything to remedy this??.....

also my second part of the question is when doing an upgrade from a 92 to 95 on the rear end lights i see some people are misinformed saying a 92 carries the same harness as a 95 not so a 92 has an 1157 tail light bulb vs the 95 a 168 bulb, the 92 carries an 1157 brake light bulb the 95 carries an 1156....

so my question is i seen parts store like summit racing that sell just the bulb and harness for the 168 bulb would it be a good idea to to just chop of the old bulb and rewire the new wire and socket in???? im guessin an 1156 an 1157 are identical in size so that would sort it self out.... and if not where would i find a good parts place to get replacement harnesses for tail light.....

and if any one here has actually done the conversion if its not to much to ask could you tell me a few good details as to what to do ect what wire to what wire ect... not just it can be done... end of story.......

also another good question i think well we all know some cars carry same parts believe it or not specially when it comes to lights do ya think it would be safe bet if i just bought sockets and wires i need of another parts car not particularly a lexus if its the same part :: example my saturn and my lexus both use the same head lights and high beams hence same socket probably similar wire, rather than hunt down another sc you think its a safe bet just to look for the part instead of the actual car???

and one last question i promisse lol are wirering harness problems as comon in 95 and up models dosnt appear that way but just curious