Bumpy Ride After Strut Replaced - Lexus Refusing To Fix

pbvhome

Hello,

I had my front strut replaced recently under warranty as it was leaking. Since then my driving experience is changed where it rocks on uneven roads, on corner turns it constantly rocks on side ways. I read many threads here and also recommendation that struts must be replaced in pairs.

However my continuous argument with dealer didn't help - they say they couldn't find anything wrong ! I spoke to lexus they offered no help as dealer didn't find anything ( I was surprised by their response - receptionist providing me the response).

What can I do ? I am takinig to independent shop tomorrow to check it...

Is GX470 that's how behaves normally (may be my experience was different before as one strut was failed and it might have been bit hard) ? Still I can't think of how it can rock like this - not a peace of mind in driving anymore.

I just bought an extended warranty also - with the way lexus responded to me I was thinking whether I have made right decision in buying their warranty.

Also i heard from few that there are many incidents like this from Toyota refusing to address this kind of issues simply because other strut didn't fail.

Appreciate lead on how I can proceed further to resolve this ?

Thanks

Honestly you need to get the other side replaced too. New struts are firmer than older ones and need to be replaced in pairs. So I can see why the truck is having a hard time staying even when the old is softer and will be more bouncy while the new firm one soaks up the bumps without bucking. This gives you the uneven bounce.

So if I were you I would pay and get the other strut replaced and then see how she rides. If it does not fix the problem, then continue with the complaints.

Honestly you need to get the other side replaced too. New struts are firmer than older ones and need to be replaced in pairs. So I can see why the truck is having a hard time staying even when the old is softer and will be more bouncy while the new firm one soaks up the bumps without bucking. This gives you the uneven bounce.

So if I were you I would pay and get the other strut replaced and then see how she rides. If it does not fix the problem, then continue with the complaints.

Thanks for your suggestion. So far the dealer has been saying he couldn't find anything "wrong". So in such case what kind of evidence would help to justify that changing strut on other side did fix the issue ?

Report from other independent shop ? Wondering what kind of evidence would stand strong to support my argument (I guess I would have more details today after I went to the shop).