Synthetic Motor Oil

rfcbuf

My 2004 RX 330 (45,000 miles) runs great with regular 5W-30 oil and regular changes at 3,000 miles. With so many good reports on Synthetic oil , I may change to a Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 on the next oil change and keep the vehicle using a synthetic oil for the future. Has any one done this and are there any advantages besides longer change intervals. I know the cost per quart will be considerably higher.

My 2004 RX 330 (45,000 miles) runs great with regular 5W-30 oil and regular changes at 3,000 miles. With so many good reports on Synthetic oil , I may change to a Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 on the next oil change and keep the vehicle using a synthetic oil for the future. Has any one done this and are there any advantages besides longer change intervals. I know the cost per quart will be considerably higher.

I have used Mobil 1 5w30 for two years. I get 1-2mpg better mileage, and change the oil every 5k miles. I buy a 5 qt. container at Walmart for +- $22. Cheaper than Costco. Since I live in a colder climate I think it just works better from startup too.