Toyota Soarer Cluster

rel0610

I'm guessing u can't.

Japanese cars in Japan use positive grounding American use Negative so it won't work.

Another reason I know for sure it won't work is that the instrument cluster needs to work with your ecu and the soarer ecu is completely different.

The soarers has a 2.5twin turbo engine so the ecu is completely different

• 2 weeks later...
I need to find the insturctions on how to install a Toyota Soarer dash cluster on my SC400 and possibly a price on a good cluster?Anyone!!!

Why will it not work? I've been wanting to do this for some time myself. There is also a 4.0 V8 model soarer, wouldn't everything be somewhat compatible? to the best of my knowledge the only thing stopping the cluster from being a direct bolt up is the wiring harness. The cluster for the Sc400/Sc300 has 3 plugs and the soarer with the digital cluster has one "orange", if we change the wiring harness wouldnt that solve the problem? Where the ecu is concerned, as far as I know its just the governor that would be different, in fact I've heard cases where people use the JDM v8 soarer ecu in the usdm sc400.

Id have to say no, no their not compatible because cars manufactored for japan are in no way shape or form like cars manufactured for euro markets or australian markets or the US marker what is street legal in japan isnt street legal here what is street legal here isnt street legal in japan as a matter a fact even california has its own standards for new cars vs cars sold in all other 50 states they are required to produce less emissions, just because they look the same on the out side dosnt mean they are identical twins on the inside for one the first gen AMERICAN sc arrived in the US in 91 while the japanesse maket had soarers in the early 80s, i guarantee mechanically they are nothing alike cosmeticly they share traits, mechanicly nothing is goin to be plug and play some place some where your goin to have to make the judgement call on how your goin to make it work with out blowing any else up on your car, its either gona cost you time to figure it out or you can pull your wallet out and have some one help you do the mods