Ls 460 Engine Converison

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to know if it is possible to install a 2007 LS460 engine into a 1993 sc400.

It is possible. How much are you willing to spend? Besides the basic mounting of the engine and tranny(welding/metal fab experience) you still have many other issues (engine wiring, ecu, etc.)

to even get started you'll need 1st:

a donor car(this is the most cost effective way to purschase all the parts you'll need) cost you a fortune otherwise

Lots of time(this could turn out to be a multi-year undertaking) if your doing this by yourself

With enough money ANYTHING is possible:) You could swap in a 2jzgtte with a 6-speed from a supraTT and make up to

500-800hp and drive it everyday without any major issues for less money than it would take to do the swap you talking about. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. I'm just saying put pen to paper and map out your goals and how much your willing to spend first. I can't tell you how many times i've done something because some stupid redneck told me it could'nt be done just to prove them wrong(v8 383 swap in 1971 datusn 240, 5.0. into a 1993 240sx, BLAH BLAH BLAH...) Bottom line: I like the idea(its not what i would do, I'D GO FOR MORE HP) Its your car and your money. Keep thinking BIG, thats the only way anything thats never been done before gets done! :)