Let Me See Your Tint!

IMO, photos of cars with tint have little value since much depends on car interior color and the lighting conditions when the photos were taken.

Assuming you want to stay "legal", you aren't going to be using 5% limo tint. Here are the limits for Florida: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/FL/

Based on having the maximum 35% tint allowed in Kansas on both our cars, having a car tinted to the maximum allowed in Florida sounds great.

35% like we have on our cars doesn't seem dark enough. 28% on the front side windows (the Florida maximum) should allow plenty of margin for safety. 15% on the rear side and back window sounds dark but I'd sure try it. It might make backing up a bit of a challenge. If your car has a retractable rear window sunshade, you might skip having the rear window tinted and just keep the shade up -- makes a car easier to back up. If you don't like not having the rear window window tinted, you could always have it tinted later.

Same as allowed in the Florida regulation, I have tint above the AS-1 line on my windshield -- no limit in Kansas and I think mine is 20%. It helps when driving into the sun when the sun is low in the sky.

Mainly, find a tint shop with a good recommendation that has been around a long time. A good shop should give you a lifetime warranty even if the tint manufacturer doesn't. You could ask your local Lexus dealer who they use to tint cars -- I doubt if they do it in-house.

Not that its worth much but here is a link to a gallery photo of my 00 LS with the tint I described above: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/uploa..._1119123507.jpg