New To Lexus

Picked it up about 4 days ago and I'm totally enjoying my new Ultrasonic Blue Mica/ Black IS 350 C. Came from a MINI Cooper S cabrio that I loved but am hoping for more reliability. The MINI community was great and I'm hoping for a long and pleasurable stay here amongst the Lexus crowd :)

Will post pictures when I get the chance.

Picked it up about 4 days ago and I'm totally enjoying my new Ultrasonic Blue Mica/ Black IS 350 C. Came from a MINI Cooper S cabrio that I loved but am hoping for more reliability. The MINI community was great and I'm hoping for a long and pleasurable stay here amongst the Lexus crowd :)

I'm torn between buying the IS250C and the IS350C. I'm driving a 315hp Infiniti G37 and have gotten spoiled by the acceleration. Am I going to be seriously disappointed in the power if I opt for the 250? I've only test driven the 250, is the hp difference hugely noticeable? Thanks!

I'm torn between buying the IS250C and the IS350C. I'm driving a 315hp Infiniti G37 and have gotten spoiled by the acceleration. Am I going to be seriously disappointed in the power if I opt for the 250? I've only test driven the 250, is the hp difference hugely noticeable? Thanks!

It's funny that I never did test a 250 car. I didn't necessarily get the 350 for the power either, just had the right option set for me. That said, the 350 does have an abundance of power for normal driving. I think the 250 would be ok but that 100 horses should make a big difference.

I don't know about the convertibles but the IS350 sedan is pretty fast from what I've known (even beats 335i in drag races)

So I'm assuming the convertible will be the same?

I have the 250 sedan AWD, and it's horribly slow. Doesn't feel like 204hp, 184torque at all. But I guess this is because the torque hits peak at almost 5000rpm and the hp at over 6000rpm. I came down to this car from an Acura RDX, and I've driven my friends' cars after I got the Lexus (A5 2.0T, 335i, 328xi, Mazda 3, Altima Coupe 3.5 V6, etc.). One word to describe the differences: SLOW.............0-100kph in 8.3s? come on....!

So if power is really a concern for you, then I'd say take the 350!