Just Replaced Brake Pads...now They Squeal! Help!

dbirk

I just put Wagner ceramic brake pads on, and the little metal brackets that were on the OEM pads wouldn't fit on the new pads so i didn't put them on. Just wondering if that would be the cause of the squealing? It's so annoying that I put the time and effort into changing the pads and they still squeal.

Thanks for any feedback!

What metal brackets are you referring to? IF your talking about the flat metal piece that sits between the brake pad and the brake piston, it's called a brake shim. And those are what help stop the brake squeal. That and some anti squeal goop should be all it takes to quiet those down. What brake pads are you using?

What metal brackets are you referring to? IF your talking about the flat metal piece that sits between the brake pad and the brake piston, it's called a brake shim. And those are what help stop the brake squeal. That and some anti squeal goop should be all it takes to quiet those down. What brake pads are you using?

Thanks! I had a feeling that was it. They are Wagner ceramics...not sure which exact ones. They work really well...just gotta stop the squeal! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

those metal brake shims needs to be on, in order to stop the squealing....

you should of just gotten stock pads... they work the best..

it aint hard to change the pads and rotors on this car..... it takes me 30 mins to do all 4 brakes rotors and pads. then when you put everything back together, be sure to (Torque Specs) it..