96' Es300 - Damaged Fuel Line - Need Help

moskiter

I just discovered what was the cause of fuel leak in the Lexus I bought.. It's ES300... somebody was trying to change fuel filter probably by removing the lower bolt (in the picture) which can not be spun and the upper (filter's) bolt should be moved. This way he damaged the fuel line where fuel leaks now (in the connection from the bottom of the fuel filter). I checked where the fuel line goes and it goes directly to the firewall without any connection on its way. I have no idea where can I buy this line and how to replace it. What should I do to fix it?

66139305.jpg

or maybe I can somehow patch the line together with the bolt and lower portion of the thread...?

I just discovered what was the cause of fuel leak in the Lexus I bought.. It's ES300... somebody was trying to change fuel filter probably by removing the lower bolt (in the picture) which can not be spun and the upper (filter's) bolt should be moved. This way he damaged the fuel line where fuel leaks now (in the connection from the bottom of the fuel filter). I checked where the fuel line goes and it goes directly to the firewall without any connection on its way. I have no idea where can I buy this line and how to replace it. What should I do to fix it?

66139305.jpg

or maybe I can somehow patch the line together with the bolt and lower portion of the thread...?

66139305.jpg

There is probably enough play in the line that you could use a tube cutter and remove the damaged end, then use a flaring tool to reflare the end of the newly cut tube.