2008 Lexus 350 Is, Power Steering Faliure

HI

I run a garage in the Uk and have a friends 2008 Lexus 350is, the power steering has stopped working completely , checked all the fuse's all ok , any body have any idea's , no warning lights on or anything ..p.s the car is a US import..thanks all

What have you checked so far besides the fuses? If you have a garage in the UK are you a mechanic? or just supplying a place for the car to sit?

What have you checked so far besides the fuses? If you have a garage in the UK are you a mechanic? or just supplying a place for the car to sit?
Hi no i run a workshop, but have no data for this car due to US import, only checked the fuse's so far, but the EPAS is not running at all, no fault codes coming up on scanner, but can only get into engine management and not the EPAS system, i,ve seen a couple of post's on here and they have been covered by lexus warrenty, but because the is now in UK, don't think Lexus would cover it, just one last think i,ve checked every fuse i can find on the car and the only EPAS fuse i can find is a 80A and live, also the car does show some signs of a light rear shunt, but all air bag light, management light, are all off...thanks for help

Yeah, I've seen this before. Your probably going to have to change the rack and pinion. Inside theres an ECU and a sensor that monitors steering position, and speed. If it detects over heating it triggers a safety mode that cuts it off. Your going to need a Toyota scanner to be able to retrieve the codes. But even then, I've seen it scanned and come back with no codes, so the Toyota engineers tell em to just replce the unit, and all seems well. Sounds like you may need to do that.

Yeah, I've seen this before. Your probably going to have to change the rack and pinion. Inside theres an ECU and a sensor that monitors steering position, and speed. If it detects over heating it triggers a safety mode that cuts it off. Your going to need a Toyota scanner to be able to retrieve the codes. But even then, I've seen it scanned and come back with no codes, so the Toyota engineers tell em to just replce the unit, and all seems well. Sounds like you may need to do that.

It must be some mechanical fault, maybe power steering pump or its belt, scanner would show error when there would be defect in electronic...

It must be some mechanical fault, maybe power steering pump or its belt, scanner would show error when there would be defect in electronic...

He doesn't have a Toyota scanner to get into the EPAS system. I would imagine he can't pull ABS codes, or engine management systems either. So how do we know there aren't any codes?