Parrot Carkit

Hi there,

I just got myself a Parrot Carkit. Since I don't want to cut wires but do a nice clean install I ordered myselfs a ISO converter cable, at http://www.nexxia.co.uk/car_kit_installation_leads/lexus.htm (SOT-910). This converter cable is sold for approximately 20 pounds

Now I happen to found here on the forums that somebody obtained a cable / conversion kit called that is available for 99 USD at quickharness.com

Does anybody know the differences? The quickharness looks easy, but I guess the SOT lead is also relatively straight forward. are there any technical advantages?

THanks,

Hans

Hi there,

I just got myself a Parrot Carkit. Since I don't want to cut wires but do a nice clean install I ordered myselfs a ISO converter cable, at http://www.nexxia.co.uk/car_kit_installation_leads/lexus.htm (SOT-910). This converter cable is sold for approximately 20 pounds

Now I happen to found here on the forums that somebody obtained a cable / conversion kit called that is available for 99 USD at quickharness.com

Does anybody know the differences? The quickharness looks easy, but I guess the SOT lead is also relatively straight forward. are there any technical advantages?

THanks,

Hans

I know from reading the forums that the Quick Connect QCJBL-2 harness is all "plug and play" (no wire splicing) and allows playing the audio from MP3/iPod/USB devices through all the car speakers when used with a Parrot kit (e.g. the MKi9100) that has this feature. Does your ISO converter cable do that?

Do Lexus radio systems for UK/Europe and North America use the same connectors and architecture?

Hi there,

THanks,

Hans

I know from reading the forums that the Quick Connect QCJBL-2 harness is all "plug and play" (no wire splicing) and allows playing the audio from MP3/iPod/USB devices through all the car speakers when used with a Parrot kit (e.g. the MKi9100) that has this feature. Does your ISO converter cable do that?

Do Lexus radio systems for UK/Europe and North America use the same connectors and architecture?

The Parrot kit I have is an MKi9000, it should do iPod playback, at least I hope so. I really want to have my iPhone integrated:)

I believe the connectors are in same. in Europe the radio does not have an AM/SAT button, it says AM only. I believe that some kits require radio's with a sat input.