All Weather Tires Rx350 2007 Awd

I am trying to decide between the Goodyear Fortera Triple-Tred or the Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires for my Lexus.

Will be doing both highway driving and experiencing the joys of a New England winter.

I had a set of the Goodyear T-T's on my last Lexus and they were good especially in rain.

Has anyone tried the Yokohama tires in snow? I don't want a dedicated winter tire because of the amount of highway driving I do.

Are there any other options I should look at.

I have checked out the ratings on tirerack etc but would love to hear from some RX350 experts.

Thanks for any advice.

The all weather tires that spring to mind other than the Triple Tred are the Nokian WRG2, the Yokohama W Drive, and the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. These tires have the 'mountain and snowflake' symbol indicating they "meet specific winter traction performance requirements and have been designed specifically for use in severe winter conditions". However, unlike a dedicated winter tire, these can be left on all year. Without actually having used any of the aforementioned tires, the impression I get is that they are not as good as a dedicated winter tire in the winter, but are much better than an all season. In the non winter months, they are not as good as a dedicated 'summer' tire, but are comparable to an all season.

The all weather tires that spring to mind other than the Triple Tred are the Nokian WRG2, the Yokohama W Drive, and the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. These tires have the 'mountain and snowflake' symbol indicating they "meet specific winter traction performance requirements and have been designed specifically for use in severe winter conditions". However, unlike a dedicated winter tire, these can be left on all year. Without actually having used any of the aforementioned tires, the impression I get is that they are not as good as a dedicated winter tire in the winter, but are much better than an all season. In the non winter months, they are not as good as a dedicated 'summer' tire, but are comparable to an all season.

Actually, Consumer Reports rated the Continental DWS as one of the best tires (but this was in "Performance All-season" categories). I didn't check other categories, nor did I look at the estimated treadwear rating.... but their price was quite competitive (at tire rack). I was going to look into it further at year-end when I will need to change the tires on the BMW.

Thanks for your input.

The Nokian WRG2 (235 55 18) are hard to find in my area (Texas) but sound perfect for my RX350.

I'll keep on searching but may have to get the Triple Tred because they are easier to find.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2008 RX350 AWD and am also looking for a new set of all-season tires. I've been doing a lot of research and I think I've narrowed my selection my selection to the following:

Michelin Latitude Tour

Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Bridgestone Alenza

Yokohama Parada

I have always been a fan of Goodyears, but I've heard they wear terribly on the RX so I've eliminated them as a choice. I'm looking for a tire that performs well and also looks great on the RX. Snow performance is very important as I live in Minnesota. Do any of you have any opinions on my search? It sounds like the Michelins and Continentals are pretty new, so there aren't many reviews out there. I know the Bridgestones are a great tire, but do they look ok on the RX? Even though I'd like to save money if I can, I'm not going to make my decision on price alone. Price doesn't matter in my opinion when it comes to safety. Any input on these tires would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just put the Bridgestones on my 08 RX350. I haven't had a chance to get in the slippery stuff yet but the look nice ride good and don't make any noise. The shop that I purchased them from said there supplier told them they sell lots of them to the areas that have the wet stuff.

Jeff

I just put the Bridgestones on my 08 RX350. I haven't had a chance to get in the slippery stuff yet but the look nice ride good and don't make any noise. The shop that I purchased them from said there supplier told them they sell lots of them to the areas that have the wet stuff.

Jeff

What did you have on before?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it sounds like everyone has had good luck with the Alenzas. I'll probably go with them unless I have a last-minute change of mind. I'm very curious about the Continental Extreme Contact DWS though. I've never been a fan of Continentals because of their poor wear, but the new DWS seems to hit all the marks. It sounds like they're unbelieveable in snow and rain and wear much better than their predecessors (according to the articles I've read). They're so new, though, that there aren't any reviews on the retailer sites or online forums.

Jeff

I had the stock Michelins.

Jeff

Jeff

I had the stock Michelins.

Jeff

That's what I have on the 18" rims. Do you prefer the Bridgestones?

Did you put the OEM size on when you installed the Alenzas? I've heard of some people upsizing to the 255s on the stock rims to get a little bit wider tire. I think this would look great, but I'm worried about warranty issues and rubbing on the wheel well when I turn.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it sounds like everyone has had good luck with the Alenzas. I'll probably go with them unless I have a last-minute change of mind. I'm very curious about the Continental Extreme Contact DWS though. I've never been a fan of Continentals because of their poor wear, but the new DWS seems to hit all the marks. It sounds like they're unbelieveable in snow and rain and wear much better than their predecessors (according to the articles I've read). They're so new, though, that there aren't any reviews on the retailer sites or online forums.

Tirerack.com had some reviews... I had checked out the size for the BMW, i.e. 205/50-17 inch rims.

The Alenzas are the stock size, I haven't had them long enough to give a good review. I will say that I feel the road a little more than with the Michelins but I think they have a little more air than the stock tires did.

Just got back from Reno, made it thru just before they closed the road. It was like bumper cars between Truckee and Colfax. The new tires worked very well, only had one moment when ABS kicked in, that was when a Volvo locked up ad slid sideways then stopped sideways in my lane in front of me. I was only going about 20MPH and saw it happening an was able to stop in time then I had to back up quick to go around her before the next group of cars came sliding down the hill. All in all the tires felt very good and I had no trouble with traction.

Jeff