Engine Check Vsc & Vsc Off Lights

phranq

Greetings fellow SC430s...

I recently installed a Dragon (Secret) Weapon-R cold air intake on my 2002...

At first things work well for a couple days, then the Engine Check, VSC, VSC OFF lights came on & stayed for a day or so after I accelerated somewhat agressively... but after a day or so (3 trips) the lights went off. But then a few days later all 3 came on again & stayed on longer before turning off, and now they are on & remain on. And on top of that I've had several bouts of difficulty starting, especially restarting after a drive (i.e. running an errand).

I bought an OBD tool to read the code, which it turns out is PO340 (Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank or Single Sensor).

I have no idea what means or what the implications are. Any suggestions?

Is this a coincidental malfunction of some kind or did something get messed up with the cold air intake install?

From what I could gleen on the Net is the following things might be affected:

- battery

- poor gas quality (fix with chevron techron fuel injection cleaner?)

- brakes/rotors

- brake fluid level

Any & all advice would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

The installation could cause your problems if not properly installed. If all vacuum lines not properly installed could cause computer to misread air/fuel, timing requirements which would cause problems you're discribing and other querky problems. Remember, all stock lines must be reinstalled in proper locations. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
The installation could cause your problems if not properly installed. If all vacuum lines not properly installed could cause computer to misread air/fuel, timing requirements which would cause problems you're discribing and other querky problems. Remember, all stock lines must be reinstalled in proper locations. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice... Here's how my problem was resolved...

1) Turns out my cam sensor was faulty, so I got it replaced (by Automotive Techniques, Toronto - import/performance car svc: atracing.ca).

2) Even though #1 addressed the engine check light, the VSC & VSC Off lights still remained on (but not when I start the car - only when I move). The guys at A-T checked with a dealer who told them the VSC lights are on because of my lowered springs, and they need to adjust the sensors accordingly, and only they know how to do it, or some such gibberish. Turns out, after further research that my use of a engine code reading tool caused the VSC light issue. I guess not all ODB-II tools are not created equal. So to fix that I used the OBD connector jumper technique discussed here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-430/416...off-lights.html

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...4entry367124

And boom-badda-bing! Problem solved!!

And Lexus was going to charge me $150 for the privilege of them using their special tool to fix it... ya right!

Hope this helps others...