Timing Belt/water Pump Change

Sexus ES300

98 Es @ 186XXX and decided to look into changing the timing belt etc... its a little over do so id like to get it done in the next two weeks or so. First question is what all parts do i need? i know i need the timing belt, water pump and some seals so if someone could throw a full recommended parts list together that'd be great. 2nd does someone have a diy instructions to change everything out. E-mail @ a_burns123@hotmail.com if you cant post on here. My dad was an engineer at Honda for 20+ years so he has some pretty good experience with cars so he would be there to assist, i just need to get everything together.

Thanks

You will need:

- Timing belt

- Timing belt cover gasket (two--one for each cover)

- Water pump

- Water pump gasket (comes with water pump, but make sure)

- Toyota red coolant (the big bottle, I think its 1 gallon)

- Best to change other 2 drive belts at the same time

- Best to change the cam seals and crank seals at the same time (2 cam, 1 crank)

You will need:

- Timing belt

- Timing belt cover gasket (two--one for each cover)

- Water pump

- Water pump gasket (comes with water pump, but make sure)

- Toyota red coolant (the big bottle, I think its 1 gallon)

- Best to change other 2 drive belts at the same time

- Best to change the cam seals and crank seals at the same time (2 cam, 1 crank)

Timing belt kit click here Lexus OEM

I found these two sites helpful. On the toyota nation site, the poster uses a 3-jaw puller to remove the crank pulley. Don't use a 3-jaw, it is apt to ruin that very expensive pulley. Using the starter bump method to remove the crank pulley bolt worked very well for me.

http://yotarepair.com/1FZ-ME_timingbelt.html

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthre...ight=1MZ+timing

also, Lexlogic which of those kits would you recommend?

I would get AISIN Timing Belt Kit 1994-2001 Lexus ES300w/ water pump but I wonder where Flanso got those parts online? that's a better deal. And Flanso link procedures to remove and install the timing belt "Outstanding". I 'm saving a copy!

RockAuto has AISIN Part # TKT004 (Only 2 Remaining) $215.00

I bought the timing belt from discounttoyotaparts.com. I bought a genuine Toyota/Lexus timing belt because an original equipment belt has three marks on it; the TDC mark and one for each of the two cam sprocket index marks. Because the belt is relatively long, having all three marks tells you if you have the correct slack between the sprockets. My car had only 99,000 miles so I replaced only the timing belt and the accessory drive belts.