Where Is The Navigation Hdd Upgrade Slot On Rx400h/harrier Hybrid

HI guys,

I am wondering if anyone knows where the upgrade port for HDD navi is located?

I mean the one a dealer would use to upgrade maps etc.

I just wanna poke around, no harm done.

I've seen other Toyota vehicle with standard navi and the upgrade port is firewire connector behind navi screen or something.

I was hoping it'd just appear as mass storage device of some kind on a standard PC.

Anyway, anyone acutally know WHERE such connector is?

Note my navi is HDD, not DVD.

HI guys,

I am wondering if anyone knows where the upgrade port for HDD navi is located?

I mean the one a dealer would use to upgrade maps etc.

I just wanna poke around, no harm done.

I've seen other Toyota vehicle with standard navi and the upgrade port is firewire connector behind navi screen or something.

I was hoping it'd just appear as mass storage device of some kind on a standard PC.

Anyway, anyone acutally know WHERE such connector is?

Note my navi is HDD, not DVD.

The DVD is the upgrade. Order a new one and you are upgraded.

The harrier hybrid doesn't use the DVD?? Then rest of the Lexus/Toyota fleet uses the DVD why would they switch it for the harrier?

Wouldn't it just upgrade via satellite then?

Yeah, its definitely HDD.

Because there's also a 'ugprade maps' option in the menu, and when I click it says "connect map upgrade cable bla bla" or something or other, so there's definitely no DVD involved. I was just wondering where exactly that port IS, I guess its either firewire or USB as I've seen on other toyota navs.

And harrier hybrid having HDD navi might just be a local (japan) thing.

According to Toyota, the HDD (and usb integration) is only available in Japan. Later in the fall this year, it will be made available to U.S. markets. When it is made available, live satelite map updates will only be available on those models with the "safety connect" feature ... similar to GM's on star system.

• 2 weeks later...

You can purchase Gen 4 V9.1 from here. They ship for free and is a lot cheaper than retail price

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/1415602702.html

According to Toyota, the HDD (and usb integration) is only available in Japan. Later in the fall this year, it will be made available to U.S. markets. When it is made available, live satelite map updates will only be available on those models with the "safety connect" feature ... similar to GM's on star system.