Mp3 Plug And Wire Begging To Be Used

Hi all. I am a newbie to this forum and have just purchased a 2006 RX 400h for my wife. It is a beautiful vehicle and was lovingly cared for by retired genleman who suddenly passed away. I purchased it from his daughter and all she new about the Lexus was that he loved it.

As to my problem, he was a very progressive 72 year old and had a MP3 hookup hardwired into the audio system so he could use his ipod. Unfortunately the receipt for this work is not in the extensive service records which came with the vehicle so I do not know who to contact to tell me:

How the heck do I use it!!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

My guess is that it would depend on the brand and model of the iPod interface. Are there any markings on the iPod connection cable?

Probably the most popular iPod interfaces -- prior to the availablility of official Lexus iPod connection options -- were from VAIS. Many Lexus dealers offered VAIS products as aftermarket projects.

If the interface is from VAIS, you can view operation instructions on their website: http://www.vaistech.com/products/ipod_products.php

If you still can't figure it out, it could take a little disassembly of the center stack to look at the components -- likely the brand and model is written on some sort of electronic "box" similar to the ones used in VAIS products.

Hi all. I am a newbie to this forum and have just purchased a 2006 RX 400h for my wife. It is a beautiful vehicle and was lovingly cared for by retired genleman who suddenly passed away. I purchased it from his daughter and all she new about the Lexus was that he loved it.

As to my problem, he was a very progressive 72 year old and had a MP3 hookup hardwired into the audio system so he could use his ipod. Unfortunately the receipt for this work is not in the extensive service records which came with the vehicle so I do not know who to contact to tell me:

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Did you plug in your i-pod and push disc to see if it works?

The Ipod is handled as a CD changer by the headunit.

So if you connect your Ipod to the cable harness of the car, you should press the disc button.

Maybe you have to press the disc button twice.

Then you should see one of your playlists in the display.

Products for the Ipod Interface may be from Vaistech, Dice or GROM Audio which are the most used companys.

You could look at their website for the documentation.

Also it is possible that Lexus has sold the Panasonic brand Ipod Interface, which is

a good service from Lexus because they have the information to build it in from their service system AIM.

brgds from

sdohn