1992 Sc400 - Please Help!

Labtec

Please help guys.

I got into my 92 SC4 this morning and realized it wasn’t running right. I turned on without a provlem but the steering wheel was slightly vibrating – everything was still in Park. I left the car and took another car to work.

I just got back and turned on the SC and the same problem, steering wheel was slightly vibrating. I decided to put it into Drive and drive a block or so. It accelerated and went into first without a problem. However, I tried to accelerate, but I got very poor response from the car. I completely floored and the tachometer was only slowing gain revolutions --- I decided not to risk and put it in reverse and parked the car. Here is what I noticed:

- I didn’t hear any loud clunking sounds

- No warning lighters are on my dash

- When I put it into Drive the steering wheel is still slightly vibrating – but stopped as I picked up speed.

- I couldn’t make out much under the hood since it was dark but I smelled oil o rubber burning (my car never smelled of burning oil/rubber)

I know that’s not a lot of information – but do any of you guys have an idea of what it could be??

Any help is appreciated. Thx

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had a problem with my 95... when I would turn it on and be in park vibrations were coming from under the hood. When I would take off from being stopped the car wouldn't want to get into gear, and I also had a nasty burning smell. I cleaned the throttle plate and it runs like new. Hope that helps.