Ticking Sound From Engine Of 2008 Gs 350

I have an 08 GS350 that I purchased new last June. One month after delivery, I started hearing a ticking sound from the engine that the dealer says is "normal." What I would like to know is if anyone has found a solution to this problem? It seems as though everyone else's G is quiet even the older ones !!!

I have an 08 GS350 that I purchased new last June. One month after delivery, I started hearing a ticking sound from the engine that the dealer says is "normal." What I would like to know is if anyone has found a solution to this problem? It seems as though everyone else's G is quiet even the older ones !!!

Hi there,

I have a 2006 GS300 over in the UK an I spotted your post while researching the same problem.

My GS is a 2006 with 56000 on the clock and I have the same ticking noise when parked next to a wall or listening with the hood open.

Today I took my car to Lexus Newcastle and they compared the noise to the bosses 2009 GS300, the noise was the same.

I was advised that the noise is not valve noise it is simply injector noise and is perectly normal.

Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...