Engine Swap

breezin

I own a 96 GS300 with a 2JZ-GE motor and would like to swap with a 2JZ-GTE motor. Is this an easy swap or is it very involved? Are there any major mods that I need to consider? Can I couple the GTE motor to my existing automatic trans or do I have to swap the trans also? I appreciate any info anyone can give me.

• 2 months later...

I have a 93 GS300 that I am about to start building. The 2jz-gte swap is a doable swap. You would want to change over to the 6 speed manual tranny from a Supra as well. The stock AT tranny that is in there now will be good for around 400hp. With the 2jz-gte sitting around 320hp stock so if you mod it at all your gonna be pushing the limits of the tranny. On top of that im not even sure that the AT tranny will match up with is as I never thought about it, Im just going the 6speed Manual from the start. You can do the 5 speed manual tranny from earlier supras, however it is a more extensive swap then the 6 speed as the 6 bolts directly up with very little mods needed other then the clultch pedal install and the master cylinder and what not. Most expensive stuff is gonna be the motor and tranny 6 speed trannys are dumb in price used between 3k and 4k. motors arent to bad 1200-1600. other stuff is odds and ends crap but it will add up fast.