225/70/16 To 225/60/16 On 2000 Rx300?

OzCoLexus

The 225/70/16 are of course the stock size. I have a chance to pick up a set of 225/60/16 worth the money in like new condition. I'm not worried about the speedometer reading, but I am concerned about the clearance of the tire. Can anyone tell me if they are close enough to work fine? Also, I would still have the 225/70/16 spare for the life of the tires. Is this a major deat on an AWD if it is only temporary? Thanks for the help.

The 225/70/16 are of course the stock size. I have a chance to pick up a set of 225/60/16 worth the money in like new condition. I'm not worried about the speedometer reading, but I am concerned about the clearance of the tire. Can anyone tell me if they are close enough to work fine? Also, I would still have the 225/70/16 spare for the life of the tires. Is this a major deat on an AWD if it is only temporary? Thanks for the help.

It should fit. The width of the tire will remain the same however the height from rim to tread will change from 70% of 225mm to 60% of 225mm.

Clearance to the car body will be fine, but clearance to the ground will be reduced. Of course, the smaller circumference of the tire will result in a faster motor rpm for a given speed, somewhat faster acceleration, and more miles/kms indicated on the speedometer and the total mileage. You might be interested in checking out the site below for comparison of tire sizes:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Good luck!