Rx Navigation Screen Socket Connection

Hi all,

I have a 2004 RX navigation multi-information screen display.

As my stock car does not comes with the monitor, i am thinking of modifying it to fit into my RX so that i can use it for backup camera, navigation and DVD.

Having said that, i would like to know if any of the bros here have the wiring diagram of the individual sockets behind the monitor screen as shown in the attached image?

In addition, can any of you tell me the 4 sockets behind the screen should connect to which modules of the car?

Below is the link of the photo:

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alan

Back View

• 2 weeks later...

So wait- your Rx330 doesn't have nav (just the info screen)? And you want to add the nav screen in place of the info screen?

I'm not sure if you can do the conversion even if you have a nav unit to install. I know it's possible on the 99-03 Rx300, but i haven't heard of anyone doing this on the Rx330/350/400h...

Hi all,

I have a 2004 RX navigation multi-information screen display.

As my stock car does not comes with the monitor, i am thinking of modifying it to fit into my RX so that i can use it for backup camera, navigation and DVD.

Having said that, i would like to know if any of the bros here have the wiring diagram of the individual sockets behind the monitor screen as shown in the attached image?

In addition, can any of you tell me the 4 sockets behind the screen should connect to which modules of the car?

Below is the link of the photo:

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alan

Back View

Not going to happen, You have to replace the info screen with a nav unit/system.

Oh yeah, you definitely need the nav screen unit (different unit than the info screen you have) if you want to use it as a nav or any type of "tv" screen.

The info screen can only display certain characters. No little pixels, just larger pixels that are either ON or OFF, either black or clear.

The nav screen unit is literally a monitor with many many pixels with endless colors.