A/c 96sc300 Replace?

lexypam

A very loud noise would happen after starting the car and pulling away. It was intermitent, but once kept doing it so we turned off the air conditioning and it stopped. Has anyone had to replace the airconditiong or parts of it? If so how much did it cost.

So I am assuming all of you who read this have never had air conditioning problems on their SC's?

Thanks for the input.

Well, you have many possibilities. All the a/c parts are pretty expensive if you have the dealer put them in. You might take it to either an indie mechanic or a dealer for diagnosis and go from there. As an example on my 92, a new evaporator is $640 from Lexus and $80 from an aftermarket source.

Good luck,

So I am assuming all of you who read this have never had air conditioning problems on their SC's?

Thanks for the input.

Well, you have many possibilities. All the a/c parts are pretty expensive if you have the dealer put them in. You might take it to either an indie mechanic or a dealer for diagnosis and go from there. As an example on my 92, a new evaporator is $640 from Lexus and $80 from an aftermarket source.

Good luck,

This summer I had the ac compressor with drier replaced on both my '92 and '93 SC300s and each ran about $900 at a reputable shop. The compressors each were over $400. One was leaking and the second was making a grinding, bearing sort of whining noise.