Illuminated Side Mirrors Used For Turn Signal Blinkers

I am constantly finding out new things about my GS430 that put a big smile on my face. Another great thing I noticed today was the illuminated door entry lights that shine from the bottom of the side mirrors when you unlock your car or get close to it with the sensor key. So naturally I wondered if there is a possibility to use that as a side mirror turning blinker when you drive. I noticed that our side mirrors don't have that option... or do they?

Anyone tried this or can think of a way to make it work?

Thanks.

I am constantly finding out new things about my GS430 that put a big smile on my face. Another great thing I noticed today was the illuminated door entry lights that shine from the bottom of the side mirrors when you unlock your car or get close to it with the sensor key. So naturally I wondered if there is a possibility to use that as a side mirror turning blinker when you drive. I noticed that our side mirrors don't have that option... or do they?

Anyone tried this or can think of a way to make it work?

Thanks.

the puddle lights cannot be used as signal. However, there are aftermarket covers for the mirrors that have signals in them.

I think signals were incorporated in to the mirrors on the 2008 model year.

steviej