Aftermarket Brake Rotor Suggestions

craig27

Hi all,

I have an 07 ES350 w/ 43k miles. I just had to have the front rotors surfaced because they were warped pretty bad. I have read that many people have had issues with the brakes on this car and was looking for aftermarket options. On my other cars, I have used Bendix rotors and been very happy with them, but I dont see those offered for the Lex. Anyone have any firsthand suggestions of replacements? I hesitate to use factory since they seem so prone to early warpage. I am just planning ahead since I am assuming the ones on the car will warp again even sooner since they are now thinner and more prone to heat buildup.

Thanks!

Craig

I would suggest Brembo blanks if they make them for your model year. Having said that if this is your first resurfacing at 43k miles......that's not bad for the OE's. Do you take your foot off the brake pedal slightly & let the car roll forward a bit at a stop light & especially after a hard stop? This will help cool them down.

:cheers:

I actually bought the car at 42k, so I cant comment on how the previous driver treated it. I just know that they were warped enough that they shook the wheel at any braking speed and that they actually effected the balance. I assume they have been bad for some time. I have replaced rotors on my Expedition that have lasted much longer that this car, and the Expedition is huge in comparison.

I'll look into the Brembos! Is the Brembo blank the same as the Brembo OEM? Thanks!