Car Is Having Dead Spots While Driving....

RandySC400

so today i unplugged my maf, and holy *BLEEP* did she run amazing. i !Removed! raped this guy in my neighborhood and he was like i'll try not to dust you next time because we'd raced one time when my car was off time and had 3 or 4 other problems. an i was like you wont because my car will be fixed by then. hahaha i bet he went home and cried...still dont kno if its the maf itself or the connector. the connector is very cracked up gonna test it with a volt meter, but wow guys it runs like it should now. if it is the connector though how in the hell would i replace it?

Kind of strange that you would smoke another car with your MAF unplugged. Had issues with mine a few weeks ago and this was one of the sensors I disconnected and I must admit that the car ran but it idle very poor and ran extremely rich to the point where you could smell the gas in the exhaust. If it fixes the problem then you are in luck but don't try to pass emission because it will not happen.

we dont have emissions testing down here in FL. but the police dont like it when your car is loud thats for sure. i cant wait till i get the exhaust re-done. its gonna be a lot quieter hopefully.

Ok, was not sure about the emission in FL. If the MAF is bad I do have one from a 93 LS400. If you have a bad harness/connector then you will have a little work on your hand to replace/fix it. Good luck.

wow seems like this one problem has caused sooo much confusion. i know its weird, but i think it could be the wiring harness to the maf. the ones to my fan that cool the condenser dont even work. volt meter tested them and theres nothing coming out. i was thinkin if that one connector went bad then so would some others. oh by the way ive been drivin my car everyday and it seems to be fine. i dont really smell gas either.

wow seems like this one problem has caused sooo much confusion. i know its weird, but i think it could be the wiring harness to the maf. the ones to my fan that cool the condenser dont even work. volt meter tested them and theres nothing coming out. i was thinkin if that one connector went bad then so would some others. oh by the way ive been drivin my car everyday and it seems to be fine. i dont really smell gas either.

MY CAR STILL HAS A SLIGHT HESITATION BUT THE PICKUP HAS BEEN FELT...ALOT MORE PULL AND QUICKNESS, AND ROUGH IDLING HAS GONE AWAY!!! I HAVE A INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE AND THOUGHT MAYBE THAT WAS THE ISSUE BECAUSE THE MAF SENSORS THE AMOUNT OF AIR INTO THE ENGINE...RIGHT?? MATBE IT WAS MISREADING IT???? Hmmm IDK WHY??? ANY REAL ANSWERS TO THIS ANYONE??