Accerleration Problem. Please Help

turuong

I just replace my spark plug, wires and distributor cap. Everything is fine but not accerlerating at all. Slow moving. No code record. Last week I try to wash a llittle bit on engine. Any on have this problem before. Your advice is my appreciation. Thank you.

Did you wash engine after new distributor or before? Sounds like moisture in the ignition. Check to be sure all dried out. Maybe borrow your wife's hairdryer and blow some warm air to inside of cap and rotor. There is also a common problem of one of the wires to the cap shorting to the chassis so maybe move wires around a bit to be sure you don't have some type of short to ground.

Did you wash engine after new distributor or before? Sounds like moisture in the ignition. Check to be sure all dried out. Maybe borrow your wife's hairdryer and blow some warm air to inside of cap and rotor. There is also a common problem of one of the wires to the cap shorting to the chassis so maybe move wires around a bit to be sure you don't have some type of short to ground.

I wash before and did not know happen. I park and turn it on. Everything fine. I replace cap and rotor too. Thank you and let guy know. Any advice.

I would suspect that you may have either wired the distributors incorrectly or put one of the rotors in wrong (180 degrees off) so the spark timing is incorrect on 4 cylinders.

Easiest test is to go in and unplug one of the two coils and attempt to start the car. If it will run with either one of them out then it's wired correctly and the issue is elsewhere.

If it will run with one unplugged but when the other is unplugged it will not start, that means that the one that it would run alone with is okay and the other has an issue (that sentence will make sense after a couple reads).

I would suspect that you may have either wired the distributors incorrectly or put one of the rotors in wrong (180 degrees off) so the spark timing is incorrect on 4 cylinders.

Easiest test is to go in and unplug one of the two coils and attempt to start the car. If it will run with either one of them out then it's wired correctly and the issue is elsewhere.

If it will run with one unplugged but when the other is unplugged it will not start, that means that the one that it would run alone with is okay and the other has an issue (that sentence will make sense after a couple reads).

Thank you for your helping but how come the rotors in wrong becaue if i move different direction it will not fix to the place.

I did my best but still the same problems. Anyone gives me more advice please.

well if it isn't moisture (which probably would have evaporated by now) then I agree mis wiring. You better pay $10 and join the Toyota site for a day to download the manual for your car to get the exact wiring pattern for the plugs and orientation of cap.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/...mod/support.htm

I only say that because when I replaced my wires, I put in one of my rotors 180 degrees off and the car did start and run with it that way (was running on 4 cylinders). I made that very mistake myself.

I realised something was wrong because my cat's were getting too hot and i tested to find which rotor was in wrong using the method i described.

The car will run with the messed up one disconnected but not with the proper one disconnected.

If it runs with either one disconnected they're both fine and this issue is something else.

I suggest it because it's an easy test. Just unplug the coils one at a time.