What Has To Come Apart For Evap Replacement?

Banshee365

Getting ready to replace the compressor and evaporator core this week. The factory manuals lead to removing the front seats, rear seat backs, all side trim, 3rd brake light, side pillar trim, steering wheel, entire dash and dash brace. All of this to get the AC unit out from behind the dash. I've read on some forums of guy's just removing the glovebox, blower, etc and just pulling the evaporator from the passangers side floorboard. Is this possible on the '96 or does the entire interior of the car have to be taken apart? I'm assuming I can at most remove the front seats and the steering wheel/column and dash to remove the whole AC unit to take it apart and get the evaporator out. I don't mind doing the work but don't want to risk breakin parts all over the interior of the car when I don't have to. Have at least 2 full day's to get this done, hoping it goes well. Any input?

-Kelly

Yea, was planning to take some pics not just for reference for me but who others who may have to do this common repair on our cars.

However, I'm still looking for information if the seats, rear seat backs, third brake light, side pillar trim, etc... has to come out. I've also read of early model LS evaporator's coming out of the passangers side floor board without taking the dash apart. I'm assuming since the factory manual say's to take the whole dash apart, that that's what will have to happen. I just need to figure out of the rest has to come apart.