Caliper Sticking... Which One?

JohnU

What's the best guess.... the side with the most worn pads (not releasing totally) or the side with the thicker pad ( not pushing enough)

I have a shutter on braking. New pads and rotors did not correct. I'd guess the side with the worn pads but I've been wrong before!! :huh:

Thanks,

JU

It is always a good idea to do both sides at the same time when it comes to brakes. Especially on a 15 year old car, rebuilt calipers are quite reasonably priced. For safety's sake I would strongly recommend buying two rebuilt calipers, brake lines, and new pads. When you installed the new rotors, did you make sure the mounting surface was free of rust, or anything else that would prevent the rotors from seating properly? If you have access to a dial gauge, you could measure the runnout. Do not try to safe money with brakes, it is not worth the price.

if you think you have a sticky pad then the best way is to spit on the disc after a drive, the more bubbles the hotter the disc, thus telling you which caliper is sticking